Including Endovenous Laser Ablation, Foam Sclerotherapy & Avulsions
July 20th 2018
Venue: Nuffield Hospital, Stirling Rd, Guildford, Surrey, UK
Directors: Miss C. McGuinness, Mr H. Gajraj
In response to the NICE recommendation for people with confirmed varicose veins and truncal reflux to be offered endothermal ablation, Wessex Diagnostic is organising this course providing training in endovenous laser therapy of the lower limb veins.
Topics include ultrasound guided simulation using a limb phantom, laser safety training and live demonstration of endovascular laser ablation, foam sclerotherapy and avulsion techniques.
- Ultrasound equipment controls
- Ultrasound imaging of surgical procedures
- Practical workshop sessions
- Opportunity to train on EVLA simulation using a limb phantom
- Laser safety training and accreditation
- Live demonstrations of EVLA in theatres
Practical ‘hands-on‘ sessions
The workshops will be available for delegates to gain supervised training and practical experience in ultrasound techniques and guided EVLA simulation using limb phantoms.
Recommended is the 4 star Holiday Inn Hotel, Egerton Road, Guildford, GU2 7XZ, approximately 1 mile away from the hospital. Telephone: 0871 942903 6.