6th February/ 3rd April/ 15th May 2019
Venue: The Melbury Clinic Veincare Cente, Higher Barn, Holt Mill, Dorset, DT2 0XL
Directors: Mr H. Gajraj, Miss C. McGuinness,
The Wessex Diagnostic team are pleased be working in collaboration with the Melbury Clinic, to provide live and interactive training on the practical aspects of performing venous procedures under local anaesthetic.
This one-day course covers:
- how to set up your treatment room
- ultrasound image optimisation – knobolgy
- preliminary vein mapping
- vein access under ultrasound guidance
- the Seldinger technique
- endovenous catheter and laser positioning
- administration of tumescent local anaesthetic
- adjunctive procedures such as phlebectomy and foam sclerotherapy
- demonstrations of Microsclerotherapy for Leg Telangiectasias
- working as a team
- NICE Clinical Guideline CG168
This course is aimed at consultants and higher trainees in vascular surgery as well as other members of the team such as theatre nurses, vascular technologists and ultrasonographers.
In line with guidance from the National Institute of Health and Care Excellence – Guidance CG168 – we recognise that venous conditions should be treated by specialist teams.
This course is particularly suited to group attendees who can learn together as a team and identify their individual learning needs. Not only does the course provide demonstrations in our treatment rooms but we provide training and certification in laser safety and an opportunity to gain hands on experience of ultrasound guidance on simulators.
This course provides 6 CPD credits in accordance with the CPD scheme of the Royal College of Radiologists.
After attending this course, we can arrange a bespoke training programme for you and your team in your own clinic.
For further information please contact us