February 7-8th 2018
In partnership with:
Venue: Mindray Headquarters, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire Accreditation: Royal College of Radiologists – 10 CPD credits
This is a two day course for those new to or with limited experience of medical ultrasound imaging. It’s an excellent opportunity to gain a good practical introduction to medical imaging techniques, their application and scanning experience on live models. The course is a combination of theory lectures, demonstrations and practical workshop sessions.
Day One: Ultrasound Imaging
- Principles of ultrasound imaging the three main ultrasound modalities including B-scan imaging, pulsed Doppler, colour/ power Doppler imaging
- Application techniques using general abdomen and aortic aneurysm
- Parallel session: 2D/3D/ 4D Obstetric ultrasound OR Optimising Images lecture and workshops
- Over 3 hours guided practical scanning workshops
Day Two: Specialist Imaging
- Emergency medicine FAST
- Vascular deep vein thrombosis (DVT) investigations
- Vascular Access
- Musculoskeletal (MSK)
- 3 hours guided practical scanning workshop sessions
BOOK NOW for Early Bird reductions before 29th December 2017!
There is also the option of booking Day One or Day Two only.
An exhibition/workshop of the latest ultrasound systems, will be held throughout the day. The workshops will be available for delegates to gain supervised training and practical experience in the use of ultrasound techniques in scheduled sessions within the programme.
Course dinner Tuesday 7th February.