November 3rd 2018
This is a one day course on ultrasound colour duplex imaging of the deep and superficial venous system. The course is a combination of lectures, demonstrations and workshop sessions with normal volunteers, and is designed to cover both the investigation protocols and diagnostic criteria of these techniques and their application to the surgical procedures of EVLT, RFA and sclerotherapy.
The emphasis will be on the practical hands-on scanning techniques using the current range of ultrasound systems and there will be opportunity to train on a limb phantom for ultrasound guided EVLT procedures.
- Basic principles of ultrasound imaging
- Haemodynamics and Doppler ultrasound techniques
- Lower limb deep venous system
- Lower limb superficial venous system
- Upper limb venous system
- Ultrasound imaging in surgical practice.
Please visit Royal Society of Medicine website here.
For further information please contact us.